Minneapolis St Paul International Airport Announcement

Prebook Now and save an additional $5!
Please contact the lounge if you wish to bring a child aged 0-23 months All prices are exclusive of Sales Tax. If applicable, Sales Tax will be added to your final price at checkout.

1 September 2015

Manchester Airports Group (M.A.G) touches down in the USA at

Minneapolis–St. Paul International Airport

10-year contract to design, build and operate the first American ‘Escape Lounge’

London: Manchester Airports Group (M.A.G), owner of the third and fourth largest airports in the United Kingdom (Manchester and Stansted), today announces that its USA subsidiary, M.A.G – USA, has been awarded a 10-year contract by the Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC), owner of Minneapolis–St. Paul International Airport (IATA: MSP), to design, build and operate an Escape Lounge at MSP.

MSP is America’s 17th busiest airport, welcoming approximately 35 million passengers each year. M.A.G – USA’s Escape Lounge will be the airport’s first common-use lounge; available to all MSP passengers.

M.A.G – USA will invest more than $2 million in the 5,000-sq-ft Escape Lounge, which is scheduled to open before the end of 2015 at Terminal 1-Lindbergh. M.A.G already operates five Escape Lounges across its four U.K. airports, collectively serving 500,000 passengers per year.

M.A.G’s award-winning Escape Lounges cater to a variety of passengers and provides affordable luxury for those who wish to enjoy a relaxing atmosphere away from the hustle and bustle of the airport.

The Escape Lounge at MSP will include stylish and contemporary furnishings, complimentary food and drinks, free Wi-Fi, a relaxed atmosphere, and a selection of newspapers and magazines.

Rosemarie Andolino, President and CEO of M.A.G – USA, said: "We are very excited about the launch of our first Escape Lounge in the USA and to partner with Minneapolis–St. Paul International Airport.

"The Escape Lounge at MSP will be our flagship lounge and will provide the airport’s passengers with an opportunity to begin their travel in the most enjoyable and relaxing manner possible.

"Common-use lounges are a relatively new product in the North American market. We are confident the Escape Lounge product will prove popular with airports that look to broaden their passenger offerings.

"Increasingly, consumers seek simple and affordable upgrades to their daily lives and Escape Lounges provide the opportunity to do just that. What better way to begin your travel experience than by enjoying high quality food and refreshment, free Wi-Fi and newspapers in a relaxed, comfortable and contemporary environment."

Charlie Cornish, Group Chief Executive of M.A.G, said: "I am delighted Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport has chosen M.A.G – USA and its Escape Lounge product. We are confident that, together, we will deliver an exciting new dimension to MSP’s already strong and innovative passenger amenities.

"M.A.G’s expertise is drawn from its running of four U.K airports, all of which have been transformed under our ownership from both an operational and financial perspective.

"I am confident M.A.G – USA has a unique offering for the North American market. The combination of our expertise and our unique ownership structure enables us to work closely with both public and private investors to deliver airports that truly serve the regions in which they operate."

Jeff Hamiel, Executive Director/CEO of the MAC, said: "M.A.G’s Escape Lounge is one more way everyone who travels through Minneapolis–St. Paul International will be able to enjoy a V.I.P travel experience. We are proud to be the first U.S. airport to offer an amenity that has proven popular among travellers overseas."

M.A.G currently serves 48 million passengers through its ownership and operation of four U.K. airports: Manchester, London Stansted, East Midlands and Bournemouth. M.A.G is privately managed on behalf of its shareholders. Manchester City Council and the nine Greater Manchester Councils own a combined 64.5% of M.A.G with Australian fund manager IFM Investors owning the remaining 35.5%.

Opening Times

Our opening times are planned around typical flight times. We open bright and early with lounge time varying by location. Please check the individual lounge pages for details.

 


Please Note: All U.S. prices are exclusive of Sales Tax. If applicable, Sales Tax will be added to your final price at checkout.